Friday, November 21, 2008

So Come With Me Where Dreams Are Born . . . . . to Never, Neverland!

Our family has been busily involved with a Community Theatre production of Peter Pan which included FLYING! Bryce was indispensable as a set builder, general "figurer outer," set mover (the sets had to be disassembled from the warehouse where they were built, moved several miles to the auditorium stage and reassembled) and set striker (the taking down after the performances are over part). Adrianna was one of the Lost Boys and I was the costumer for the play. I was responsible for finding/making all the costumes--for a cast of about 170 people. The Pirates and Lost Boys were in charge of their own costumes for the most part. They had pretty specific guidelines of what we wanted and they did a fantastic job of coming up with awesome looks! Captain Hook did all his own costumes--which were totally awesome. Fortunately, we were able to rent some costumes, borrow others, and modify some existing costumes, so that we only had to construct about 15 costumes from scratch. I didn't have to make all 15--thank goodness. I had some great help. It was a ton of work but the production turned out great! We were proud to be associated with it! There were six performances with closing night almost sold out. Not bad for the first production of our inaugural season in a 600+ seat auditorium! Now if I can just get all these costumes out of the family room before next week's Thanksgiving Dinner!--crocodile anyone? Or perhaps ostrich?
Here are some pictures I took backstage! This is what Pirates, Indians, Lost Boys and Animals do while they are waiting to go on.

4 comments:

C.B. said...

Looks like so much fun!

Fonzareli said...

LOVE IT!!

Marisa said...

Very impressive!

thePatrick said...

Still impressive. Figured I would answer you here, too. Definitely the Andrew Jackson Book. It's called American Lion by Jon Meacham. There's also a book about the pilgrims called The Wordy Shipmates by Sarah Vowell. I'm a nerd...